HootSuite Acquires uberVU To Bolster Analytics Offering
Combination empowers enterprises to turn analytics into action with an integrated engagement platform and analytics solution
VANCOUVER, BC – January 22, 2014 - Today, HootSuite, the world’s most widely adopted social relationship platform, announced it has acquired uberVU, an innovative social analytics solution. HootSuite and uberVU combine the next generation of social analytics with the power of the world’s leading social relationship platform to help organizations understand the value of their social relationships and drive more meaning from the conversations happening on social media. Financial terms of this deal have not been disclosed.
uberVU’s roster of more than 200 enterprise customers include 3M, NBC, Heinz, Fujitsu, SC Johnson, Getty Images, indiegogo, L’Occitane and others. In uberVU, HootSuite gains a best-in-class analytics product and a dedicated team of world-class engineers. This acquisition accelerates HootSuite’s analytics roadmap for HootSuite Enterprise customers, which today make up over 75% of the Fortune 1000 companies.
“uberVU represents the next generation of analytics solutions, and brings with it a world class product team,” says Ryan Holmes, CEO of HootSuite. “This acquisition brings together uberVU’s best-in-class analytics with HootSuite’s social engagement solution, getting us one step closer to our vision of a simple, scalable, and secure platform for a rapidly evolving social media landscape.”
“By joining HootSuite we are realizing our vision to bring analytics to the front and center of the social business,” says Mark Pascarella, CEO of uberVU. “This acquisition is a testament to the strength of our platform, and we are thrilled to be part of HootSuite’s exciting story.”
HootSuite pioneered the category of social media management in 2009 and recently celebrated its 5th birthday. Today, HootSuite has more than 8 million users in nearly every country around the world who use HootSuite’s secure, social relationship platform for social media management, social marketing, social customer service, and social selling. HootSuite’s dramatic growth has been driven by increased demand among global organizations.
To learn more, register for the webinar, Social Media Intelligence: Turn Insight Into Action, featuring industry experts from HootSuite, uberVU and Forrester Research, on February 12, 8AM EST / 11AM PST / 4PM GMT.
uberVU enables social businesses to easily listen to, analyze and derive actionable insights about their market and customers by:
- Understanding the social audience: Customers can quickly view analytics to understand the most effective ways of engaging with their audiences, including who the influencers are in relevant topics.
- Discovering marketing insights: Customers can easily detect real-time spikes in sentiment, location, demographics, and identify top influencer mentions.
- Driving content marketing: Customers can identifying top trending stories, and suggest relevant content to post directly to social media accounts.
- Streamlining reporting: Customers can create custom reports using templates and drag-and-drop layouts that can be easily exported to share with others in the organization.
- Blog Post: http://blog.hootsuite.com/hootsuite-acquires-social-analytics-tool-ubervu
- Webinar: http://socialbusiness.hootsuite.com/webinar-social-media-intelligence.html
- HootSuite Enterprise: http://enterprise.hootsuite.com
- Media Kit: http://media.hootsuite.com/media-kit
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute campaigns across social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ Pages from one secure, web-based dashboard. Advanced functionality includes tools for audience engagement, team collaboration, account security and comprehensive analytics for end-to-end measurement and reporting. To learn more, visit www.hootsuite.com.
Sandy Pell, @SandyCanvas
Communications Manager, HootSuite