HootSuite Welcomes reddit, StumbleUpon, Scoop.it, Nexalogy, and CMP.LY #SocialApps to App Directory
HootSuite’s latest wave of #SocialApps empower the company’s five million global users to explore new corners of the web, curate or publish the information they discover, and support social campaigns without leaving the HootSuite dashboard.
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(Marketwire – Oct. 30, 2012) - HootSuite, makers of the market-leading social media management system, further expand their social reach with their newest wave of #SocialApps. reddit, StumbleUpon, Scoop.it, Nexalogy andCMP.LY have been added to the company’s ever-expanding App Directory. HootSuite is known for helping power users and social businesses engage with audiences and analyze campaigns across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. The App Directory now hosts a collection of 35 tools and applications built by third-party developers that empower users to customize their dashboards. These five new apps, available immediately to the company’s five million Free, Pro, and Enterprise clients, make exploring, curating, and supporting social media campaigns easier than ever before.
Explore the Web
- reddit (Install in HootSuite now): The reddit app for HootSuite allows users to stream the hottest content from reddit, including the Subreddits they subscribe to, share content with their social networks and more. The self-proclaimed ‘front page of the internet,’ reddit is an online community that displays news and content based on personal preference and what the community votes up as interesting.
- StumbleUpon (Install in HootSuite now): The StumbleUpon app for HootSuite allows users to discover new content by filtering for sites, topics, users and channels, view StumbleUpon pages in stream, and share StumbleUpon content to their social networks. StumbleUpon is the easiest way to discover new and interesting content from across the Web.
Curate and Publish Information
- Scoop.it (Install in HootSuite now): The Scoop.it app for HootSuite allows users to find more relevant and quality content that can be shared seamlessly to their social networks in HootSuite, curate content from Twitter and Facebook streams to Scoop.it and more. Scoop.it provides easy content curation for users, allowing them to take online content and create engaging web magazines.
- Nexalogy (Install in HootSuite now): The Nexalogy app for HootSuite allows users to view interest maps to see ideas and connections in their social graph, view details on top concepts and hashtags on Twitter, and see top links related to their account or search term. Nexalogy helps users navigate the torrents of information online to find the streams of conversation relevant to them.
Support Social Campaigns
- CMP.LY (Install in HootSuite now): The CMP.LY app for HootSuite allows users to create social media disclosures in stream, search for and preview their disclosures in dash, add disclosures to their social messages and more. CMP.LY social media disclosure solutions allow users to mitigate risk, fulfill regulatory obligations (under the FTC, SEC, ASA, etc.) and reduce the overhead of social initiatives.
“Our newest wave of apps target the growing population of social business users. Consumer-centric platforms now matter more than ever in social business and millions already use networks such as reddit and StumbleUpon to navigate and curate the web,” says HootSuite CEO, Ryan Holmes. “By integrating these platforms into our App Directory, we open up new ways of exploring external content from our dashboard while keeping teams collaborating and conversing around social within HootSuite.”
In coordination with the reddit app launch, Ryan Holmes will participate in an “Ask Me Anything” Q&A session on reddit on October 31, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. PST.
After launching the HootSuite App Directory in late 2011, the company now offers 35 popular social networks and tools, including YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and more. This latest wave of apps were developed in respective order by David Jellesma, Synaptive, Scoop.it, Nexalogy andCMP.LY. With plans on adding additional #SocialApps in the near future, HootSuite encourages developers with interest in building into the App Directory to visit the HootSuite Developers landing page or follow @HootSuite_Apps on Twitter.
- Blog Post: http://blog.hootsuite.com/ninth-app-directory
- App Directory: https://hootsuite.com/app-directory
- Media Kit: http://media.hootsuite.com/media-kit/
HootSuite is a social media management system for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute campaigns across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences with geo-targeting functionality. Invite multiple collaborators to manage social profiles securely, plus provide custom reports using the comprehensive social analytics tools for measurement. Key social network integrations include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ Pages, plus a suite of social content apps for YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and more. To learn more, visit: http://www.hootsuite.com.